We have an exciting opportunity at Nemco Utilities for a Scheduling Coordinator/Field Technician to join our team based at our office in Bury St Edmunds. The role will be a full time, permanent position working 40 hours per week and offering an hourly rate of Minimum Wage — £8.41 per hour. This is a split role 80% based in the office and 20% as a Trainee Water Hygiene Technician.
We are independent building risk management consultants specialising in assisting organisations in the prevention and control of the risks associated with fire, air quality and waterborne pathogens including those responsible for causing Legionnaires’ disease.
Scheduling Coordinator/Field Technician – Role Purpose
The role involves planning service jobs and scheduling of all UK Wide operatives’ diaries as well as booking appointments to meet project/customer timescales and to ensure that all contracted visits are carried out in accordance with the service agreement. To continually update and review information in the operating system for accuracy and to complete all administration generated by the maintenance contract process. To ensure that any parts required to complete works are provided in advance for the operatives. The role will also involve training in all aspects of water hygiene risk management.
Key Responsibilities of our Scheduling Coordinator/Field Technician:
- Booking work with clients and confirming appointments by letter
- Answering the telephone and dealing with customer enquiries
- Assisting with general administrative tasks
- Water monitoring and sampling
Reporting Lines & Responsibility:
- Reporting to the Account Manager
- No line management responsibility
- No budget responsibilities
Key Skills & Experience required of our Scheduling Coordinator/Field Technician
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- Experience in the management of field worker schedules and efficient planning of service visits
- Excellent organisational skills
- Analytical thinking / problem solving
- Effective communication
- Customer service
- Relationship building
The successful candidate will have a full UK driving or motorbike licence (company vehicle will be provided for the field based duties).
- Experience of plumbing industrial and domestic water systems
- NVQ Level 2 Administration / Customer Service or equivalent
- Previous experience of coordinating and managing multiple deadlines; experience of managing customer expectations and the ability to communicate with remote workers to ensure they understand the requirements and priority of each job.
What we can offer you as our Scheduling Coordinator/Field Technician
- £ Minimum Wage — £8.41 per hour
- 22 days holiday pro rata
- Pension scheme with company contributions
- Company vehicle will be provided for the field based duties