Fire Risk Assessment
A Fire Risk Assessment from Nemco involves a trained consultant visiting the premises and carrying out a detailed inspection the building and work processes. A written report is then produced detailing the findings of the assessment, together with recommendations for remedial actions.
There are five basic steps in completing a fire risk assessment:
1. Identify fire hazards – sources of ignition, sources of fuel, sources of oxygen
2. Identify people at risk – people in and around the premises, people especially at risk
3. Evaluate, remove, reduce and protect from risk – evaluate risk of fire occurring, evaluate risk to people from fire, remove or reduce fire hazards, remove or reduce the risks to people taking into account detection & warning, fire-fighting equipment, escape routes, lighting, signs and notices, maintenance
4. Record, plan, inform, instruct and train – record significant findings and action taken, prepare emergency plan, inform and instruct relevant people, provide training
5. Review – keep assessment under review, revise when necessary