A Milton Keynes man in his 50s required hospital treatment due to developing Legionnaires’ Disease after a skiing holiday in Austria.

He spent a week at the Bellevue Hotel in Obergurgl in mid January to celebrate his wife’s birthday. He presented symptoms of diarrhoea, shortness of breath, confusion and fatigue shortly after the family returned home. Tests were carried out at a local clinic and confirmed that he had been infected with legionella bacteria.

He has now taken steps to begin legal proceedings against the resort.